Next ORI’s Open House – is on June 10th , 2012, Sunday, 1pm-3:30pm. No fee.
Everyone is welcome! Refreshments will be served.
Location: 115 E 9th Street (at 3rd Ave); 12P; NYC, 10003.
This open house will feature a lecture on object relations thinking, a discussion about our multiple traditional and virtual/ integrated training programs, and an “in vivo” therapeutic role-play. Dr. Kavaler-Adler, the founder and executive director of the institute, will respond as a psychoanalytic object relations therapist, while a volunteer from the group will “get inside the skin” of any patient he/she chooses to portray. In the course of the role play, each person in the room experiences intimate feeling of connection with the patient, with the therapist, as well as with the clinical process. A rich clinical discussion always follows, where object relations theory in the acute clinical moment will be explained.
Programs which will be discussed:
Our Traditional Programs Include Certificate Programs in Object Relations Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis
• One Year Evening Program: An Introduction to Object Relations Theory & Clinical Application • Two-Year Evening Program: Advanced Object Relations Clinical Theory & Technique • One Year Clinical Mentorship Program for Psychoanalysts and Psychotherapists • Four Year Full Certificate Program in Psychotherapy & Psychoanalysis
NEW – Virtual and Integrated Certificate Programs Planned for 2012-2013
• One Year Program: An Introduction to Object Relations Theory & Clinical Application • Two-Year Program: Advanced Object Relations Clinical Theory & Technique • One Year Clinical Mentorship Program for Psychoanalysts and Psychotherapists • Four Year Full Certificate Training Program in Psychotherapy & Psychoanalysis • One Year Neuropsychoanalysis and Object Relations Theory • One- and Two- Year Program: Parent-Child Development and Object Relations Clinical Theory and Technique.
Virtual programs will be offered via audio and video/audio meeting platform (with minimal requirements for a telephone and/or Internet connection). Integrated (Virtual & Traditional) programs will be offered as a combination of virtual and two full weekends a year of traditional in-person meetings.
Individual Courses & Seminars (new since 2011)
• Child Development & Application of Object Relations Theory to Working with Children (Seminar) • Infant Research & Object Relations Approach (Seminar) • Interpretation of Dreams & Object Relations Clinical Technique (Advanced Course) • Neurobiology for
Psychotherapists and Psychoanalysts (Seminar) • Group and Individual Clinical Mentorship
ORI Community also enjoys the benefits of:
• Sliding fee scale therapy referral service for individuals, couples, adolescents, and children • Professional networking and practice development • Professional publishing and preparation for publishing • Building the Cause (#361700) on Facebook: Support Mental Health Education • Free educational mini video series “Object Relations View” – at our YouTube Channel, “ObjectRelations2009” (also available at http://www.ORINYC.org).
Community Relations Coordinator, and Web Editor
For more information on the Object Relations Institute training programs and educational courses and workshops, please visit http://www.ORINYC.org.
Visit our YouTube Channel, ObjectRelations2009 (at
– short professional videos with highlights of our 2009, 2010, 2011 annual conferences, and
– 15-min educational videos on Introduction to the Object Relations Clinical Theory and Technique: Intro to OR concepts; Self-Sabotage, Time as an Object, and Projective Identification.